Lime Raisin Cake
Sweet flavoured cake with lime juice icing
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Pie Baking Tray
- 100 g Butter Softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Lime Flavour Essence
- 1 Tbsp Lime Zest
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 2 Tbsp Lime Jjuice
- 2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Whole Lime Thinly Sliced
- For the Lime Glaze;
- ½ Cup Icing Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Whisk butter and sugar until soft and fluffy, then add the eggs and whisk.
- Add lime flavour essence, lime zest, raisins, lime juice, stir in and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Pour the flour mixture into the batter and stir in.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking pan and top with the lime slices.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 175c for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool off on a cooling rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the icing sugar with lime juice into a smooth consistency.
- Drizzle on the cake, slice and serve.