Miyan Kuuka(Baobab Leaves Soup)
Green soup made with boabab leaves and can be served with stew and balls of tuo zaafi
- Sauce Pan (2)
- Rubber spatula
For Goat Stew;
- 1 Pound Goat Meat
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Tarragon
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- 1 Cup Kuuka Powder
- 5 Tbsp African Locust Beans Dawadawa (Washed)
- 1 Tsp Ground African Orchid Nutmeg Yammer
- 1½ Tsp Salt
- Pour goat meat into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add diced onion, garlic, tarragon, black pepper, salt, stir, cover and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, stir and let cook on high heat for 40 - 60 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat, carefully pour the cooked goat meat and fry for 5 minutes, take out and set aside.
- Add sliced onions to the reduced oil, stir until translucent, then add tomato paste, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, onion puree, scotch bonnet pepper, petite belle pepper, stir and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the goat stock, salt, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Bring beef stock to a boil, then add the kuuka powder in bits, stirring continuously to prevent lumps.
- Add African locust beans, ground African orchid nutmeg, salt, stir and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Kuuka with goat meat stew ready to serve.