Braised Basmati rice served with prawns, crabs, clams, pepper and lemon juice
- Sauce Pan
- Frying Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- 1 Cup Baby Crabs
- 1 Cup Clams
- 4 Shallots Halved
- 1½ Tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Cups Stock
- 1 Tsp Saffron
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (Diced)
- 4 Scotch Bonnet Pepper Slices
- 100 g Chorizo Chopped
- 1 Tsp 1 Paprika
- 2 2 Cups Basmati & Wild Rice
- 5 Medium Sized Tiger Prawns Peeled & Deveined
- 4 Petite Belle Pepper Sliced
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Cup Peas
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- A Handful of Fresh Parsley For Garnish
- Lemon Slices For Serving
- 400 ml Water
- Pour cleaned baby crabs in a saucepan, add clams, shallots, salt, 400ml water and bring to a boil for 7 minutes.
- Pour the stock in a cup, add saffron, stir and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat, add onion, scotch bonnet pepper, chorizo, smoked paprika and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the basmati and wild rice, braise for 2 minutes, then add the stock from the clams and crabs, stir and let cook for 25 minutes.
- Add the prawns, cooked crabs and clams, petite belle pepper, red bell pepper, peas, lemon juice, stir in and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Seafood paella ready to serve. Garnish with lemon slice and parsley.