Cornmeal dough mixed sugar and nutmeg fried and served
- Sauce Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Frying Pan
- Spider Spoon
- 2 Cups Corn Meal
- ½½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ Cup Roasted Peanuts
- Pour one cup of the cornmeal into a saucepan, add 200ml water, stir into a smooth mixture and place on medium-high heat.
- Stir continuously for 10 minutes until it thickens into a dough, then take off the heat and let cool.
- Mix the remaining cornmeal with sugar and ground nutmeg.
- Add the cooked cornmeal to the cornmeal mixture and mix into a smooth dough.
- Scoop a handful and mould into an oblong shape.
- Carefully drop into heated vegetable oil and fry for 10 minutes or until it’s light brown.
- Take out and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve with roasted peanuts.