Brown Rice Risotto
Brown rice cooked with mushroom and butter and topped with cheese.
- Frying Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- 2 Cups Brown Rice Washed
- 50 g Mushrooms
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Crushed
- 50ml White Wine
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 50 g Unsalted Butter
- 50 g Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parsley Finely Chopped
- 1 Litre Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch of salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for a minute, then add the black pepper. Add salt, then add the brown rice and stir well until the grains of rice are well coated with oil.
- Pour in the white wine and allow to bubble, then add half of the stock and bring to a boil, stirring for 7 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining stock, then continue to cook, stirring constantly for 5 - 7 minutes or until rice is tender with a slight bite and creamy appearance.
- Stir in the butter and adjust salt to your taste.
- Brown rice risotto ready to serve.
- Top with parmesan cheese and parsley.