Flour mixed with yeast, nutmeg, and margarine kneaded into balls and fried.
- Small bowl
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Chopping Board
- Frying Pan
- Spider Spoon
- 3 Cups Hard Flour
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Margarine
- 2 Tbsp Instant Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Nutmeg
- Dissolve sugar and salt with lukewarm water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, yeast and nutmeg.
- Rub in the margarine until completely mixed in.
- Add the sugar solution and mix into a dough.
- Flour a flat surface and knead dough until smooth.
- Divide the dough into two and cut into pieces.
- Knead the pieces of dough into golf size balls.
- Place on parchment lined baking tray and cover with a dump napkin.
- Keep in a warm place for 45 minutes to an hour to allow the dough to rise.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add the dough and fry until golden.
- Drain the excess oil in paper towel.
- Bofrot ready. Serve warm!