Semolina mixed with floutr, sugar, salt, baking powder and fried together with butter and garnished with grapes.
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Food Processer
- Plastic foil
- Frying Pan
- Rubber spatula
For the Crepe;
- 2 Cups Semolina
- ¾ Cup All-purpose Flour
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Instant Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Essence
For the Raspberry and Grape Sauce;
- 1 Cup Red Grapes
- 1 Cup Raspberry
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- Whipped Cream
- Mix the semolina, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and set aside.
- Pour 2 cups of lukewarm water in a processor, add the yeast and pulse on low speed to blend.
- Then add the semolina mixture, increase the speed and blend for 2 minutes or until you get very smooth and lightly creamy consistency.
- Pour the batter into a bowl, add vanilla essence, stir, cover with cling film and leave to rest for 10 minutes or a bit longer until bubbles start to form on top.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and carefully pour the batter into the pan. Bubbles should appear on the surface as it cooks.
- Cook for 2 minutes on one side (do not flip).
- Take it out of the pan and transfer to cool in a single layer.
- Pour the grapes into a small sauce pan.
- Add raspberry, sugar, water, stir and bring to a boil until the raspberries and grapes are mushy and sticky.
- Take off heat and let cool completely.
- Semolina crepes ready to serve. Top with raspberry, grape sauce and whipped cream.