Stuffed Ripe Plantain Boats
Ripe plantain cut with pockets and stuffed with minced beef, cheese and tomato sauce
- Frying Pan
- Rubber spatula
- Chopping Board
- Sharp knife
- Baking Tray
- Tin Foil
- Small bowl
- 3 Ripe Plantains
- ¼ Pound Minced Beef
- Tomato Sauce
- 50 g Butter
- 1 Medium Red Onion Diced
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 Medium Ginger Grated
- 1 Shrimp Seasoning Cube
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 50 g Mozzarella Cheese Grated
- 50g g Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 50 g Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 Spring Onion Sliced
- 50g g Butter Melted
- Pre- heat oven at 180 celsuis.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, stir and let sweat.
- Add minced beef, shrimp seasoning, black pepper, salt, stir and let cook for 3 minutes and set aside.
- Cut and peel off the skin from the plantains, use a knife to create a pocket in the plantains and set aside.
- Mix garlic with melted butter and set aside.
- Wrap the plantains with an aluminium foil, then brush with the butter mixture and place on a baking tray line with aluminium foil.
- Bake at 180 celsuis for 10 minutes and take out of the oven.
- Stuff the plantains with the cooked minced beef, top with tomato sauce, cheddar and mozzarella cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and spring onion.
- Stuffed ripe plantain boat ready to serve.