Taste Aroma Beef Samosa
Crunchy Samosa with beef filling.
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Wooden Spatula
- Plastic foil
- Frying Pan
- Chopping Board
- Rolling Pin
- Sauce Pan
- Spider Spoon
- For the Pastry;
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 50 g Unsalted Butter (Diced)
- 3 Tbsp Cold Water
- For the Beef Filling;
- 1 Pound Minced Beef
- 1 Sachet Taste Aroma Stir-fry Cooking Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 1 Medium Onion (Diced)
- 3 3 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Cup Green Peas
- ½ Cup Spring Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Egg (For Egg Wash)
- 500 ml Vegetable Oil (For Frying)
- Mix flour with salt, then add butter, and mix into crumble like mixture.
- Add cold water, mix into a dough, wrap with cling film and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok over medium heat. Add diced onion, garlic, and stir until translucent. Then add the minced beef, Taste Aroma stir-fry cooking sauce, stir in and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas, spring onion, curry powder, stir and let simmer for a minute and take off the heat.
- Take out the dough from the fridge and let thaw.
- Lightly sprinkle flour on a board and roll out the dough into a thin sheet.
- Cut out into rectangles and roll further into thin sheets.
- Fill one edge of the thin dough with the beef mixture and wrap around the mixture into a cone shape. Seal off with egg wash and set aside. Continue with the rest of the dough.
- Carefully drop them in heated vegetable oil and fry for 5 minutes or until it’s golden brown.
- Take out and place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Beef samosa ready to serve.