- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Ladle
- Maasa Pan
- 2 cups Rice
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 11 grams Yeast
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 100 grams Prawns Chopped
- ¼ cup Spring Onions Chopped
- 1 tbsp Red Scotch Bonnet Pepper Chopped
- In a mixing bowl pour rice and water and cover to soak overnight.
- Rinse the soaked rice and transfer into a blender, add cooked rice and 1 cup of water, blend until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl pour rice batter and add sugar, cooked rice, salt, yeast, and yogurt, then stir to mix thoroughly.
- Cover it with a napkin and keep it in a warm place to let it rise.
- After it has risen beat it down with a ladle, prawns, spring onion, scotch bonnet pepper, and gently mix.
- In a masa pan on high heat grease, the pan with vegetable oil then half-fill each dome with the masa batter, fry for 3 minutes or till slightly brown on the edges then use a skewer to turn over to the other side and let it cook for another 3 minutes. Repeat the process for the rest of the batter, transfer each batch to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Prawn masa ready to serve, serve with suya spice, or any stew or soup of choice.