Dried Okra Palmnut Soup
Palmnut soup prepared with thyme and dried okra powder
- Sauce Pan
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spatula
- 1 Kg Palm Fruit Extract
- 1 Kg Beef Fillet
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1 1 Small Ginger Chopped
- 1 Tsp Grains of Paradise
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Medium Onion
- 7 7 Yellow Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- 300 g Smoked Tuna Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Shrimp Powder
- 1 Tbsp Locust Beans Washed
- 1½ Tbsp Salt
- 1 Cup Dried Okra Powder
- Pour the onion, ginger, grains of paradise and thyme into a blender, add water and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Pour onto the beef in a saucepan over medium heat, add salt, stir and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Dissolve the palm fruit extract with hot water, drain the juice and set aside.
- Pour onto the cooking beef, stir, then add a whole onion, scotch bonnet pepper, cover and let boil for 20 minutes.
- Add the smoked tuna, shrimp powder, locust beans, stir and let boil for 10 minutes.
- Take out the onion, scotch bonnet pepper, blend into a smooth mixture and pour back into the soup.
- Adjust salt to your taste and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the dry okra powder in bits stirring continuously.
- Allow to simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Dry okra palm nut soup ready to serve.