Chicken Wrewre Soup (Melon Seeds Soup)
A spicy soup made with melon seed and chicken
- Frying Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Sauce Pan
- 2 Cups Wrewre Melon Seeds
- 1 Pound Chicken Thighs
- 2 Medium Red Onions
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Medium Ginger
- 3 Small Tomatoes
- 5 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 1 Chicken Seasoning Cube
- Toast melon seeds in a pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Take off heat and soak in water for 10 minutes.
- Pour cut chicken thighs into a saucepan.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic, chicken seasoning, salt, stir, and let steam for 5 minutes.
- Add scotch bonnet pepper, tomatoes, onion, water, stir, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soaked melon seeds into a smooth mixture and strain into the chicken stock and let boil for 3 minutes.
- Take out the vegetables, blend into a smooth mixture and pour into the soup.
- Stir and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Adjust the salt to your taste.
- Wrewre soup ready to serve.