Meat Balls Okro Soup
You’ve got to love okra soup/stew any day, anytime. Next time you decide to make okro make sure to throw in some seasoned minced meat balls for an even delectable experience.
- Mixing Bowl
- Plastic Spatula
- Ceramic Plate
- Wooden Spatula
- Small Glass bowl
- ½ kg minced beef
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp black powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium chili (adjustable)
- ¼ cup water for blending
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 chunk momone (fermented fish)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 bundle alefo leaves sliced
- 300 g fresh okro
- 300 ml water
- Transfer the minced meat to a mixing bowl and add the garlic, ginger powder, chili flakes, black powder, dried thyme, egg yolk, salt ,and stir till evenly mixed
- Roll the meat mixture into half gulf sized balls and set aside.
- In a blender add tomatoes, onions, chilies, half cup water and blend until smooth
- Heat vegetable oil on medium high heat, add the onion slices, momone and stir till the momone dissolves then pour the blended mixture and stir it in.
- Add salt still and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes before carefully stirring it in.
- In another saucepan pour chopped okra and 100ml water and bring to a boil.
- Add sliced alefo leaves to the boiling okra and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour the boiled okra into the stew and let it simmer for 3 minutes
- Meatballs okro soup ready to serve, serve with any swallow of your choice