Goat Meat Groundnut Soup
Tasty groundnut soup prepared with goat meat which can be served with rice balls or banku
- Sauce Pan (2)
- Wooden Spatula
- 1 Pound Goat Meat
- 1 Cup Peanut Paste
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 1 Medium Red Onion Chopped
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Medium Ginger
- 1 Beef Seasoning Cube
- 5 Scotch Bonnet Peppers Pureèd
- A Handful of Amaranthus Leaves Alefu
- 1½ Tbsp Salt
- Pour peanut butter into a saucepan, add tomato paste, place on medium heat, stir and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water and let cook for 3 minutes and set aside.
- Blend onion, garlic, ginger and anise seeds into a smooth mixture.
- Pour the goat meat into a saucepan, add the blended mixture, beef seasoning, salt, stir, cover and let steam for 7 minutes.
- Add water and let boil for 20 minutes.
- Add cooked peanut paste, pureèd scotch bonnet pepper, stir and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the sliced amaranthus leaves (alefu), stir and let wilt for a minute.
- Adjust the salt to your taste and let simmer.
- Goat meat groundnut soup ready to serve.