A delicious soup made with ground ogbono seeds, driefd oreragano, and beef fillet
- Sauce Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- Small bowl
- 1 Pound Beef Fillet (Washed)
- 1 Pound Cow Tripe (Washed)
- 1 Medium Onion (Diced)
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Anise Seeds
- 1 Tsp Rosemary Powder
- 1 Small Ginger (Grated)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Salt
- For the Soup;
- ¼ Cup Palm Oil
- ¼ Cup Ground Ogbono Seeds
- ⅓ Cup Onion & Scotch Bonnet Pepper (Coarsely Blended)
- 1 Large Smoked Catfish (Deboned & Washed)
- 100 g Cow Hide (Kpomo) (Washed & Chopped)
- ¼ Cup Crayfish Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Spinach (Sliced)
- Pour the beef and tripe into a saucepan over medium heat, and add diced onion, oregano, anise seeds, rosemary powder, ginger, garlic, salt, water, stir and bring to a boil for 35 minutes.
- Heat the palm oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add the ground ogbono seeds, stir (you will notice the oil change to a yellow-ish thick consistency) keep stirring and let it cook for 2 minutes, then add the blended onion and scotch bonnet pepper, stir and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock from the beef in bits until you have the desired consistency.
- Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked beef and tripe, catfish, kpomo, cray fish, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes and adjust the salt to your taste.
- Add the chopped spinach, stir in and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Ogbono soup ready to serve. Serve with any swallow of your choice.