Chicken Moi Moi
Every scoop of this moi moi will put a smile on your face,
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Food Processor
- Frying Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- Ceramic Bowl
- Baking Tray
- Tin Foil
- For the moi moi
- 2 cups black eyed beans
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 5 scotch bonnet pepper
- 3 tbsp crayfish powder
- 1 cup palm oil
- 2 spring onion chopped
- 2 scotch bonnet pepper chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- For the chicken
- 1 tbsp palm oil
- 1 large chicken thigh deboned & diced
- A sprig of fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Soak the black eyed beans with warm water for an hour or preferably overnight.
- Drain and pour into a food processor, pulse to de-skin the beans then pour into a bowl, add water and remove the chaff.
- Pour the de-skinned beans into a food processor or blender, add onion, scotch bonnet pepper, crayfish powder, palm oil and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat palm oil in a pan over medium heat, add the diced chicken, chopped thyme, black pepper, salt and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Pour the chicken into the beans mixture, add chopped spring onion, scotch bonnet pepper, salt, stir in and set aside.
- Fill baking dish with the mixture and place in a baking tray half filled with water.
- Cover with aluminium foil and place in a pre-heated oven.
- Bake at 200c for 45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the centre comes out clean
- Chicken moi moi ready to serve.