Spicy Jollof garnished with chicken thigh and fried plantain
- Sauce Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- 3 Medium Tomatoes Chopped
- 5 Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- ½ Pound Minced Beef
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Cups Basmati Rice
- 1 Cup Beef Stock
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Medium Carrot Diced
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Medium Yellow Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Cup Spring Onion Chopped
- 1 Medium Chicken Thigh Grilled
- 1 Medium Ripe Plantain Fried
- Blend tomatoes, scotch bonnet pepper and onion into a smooth mixture.
- Pour into a saucepan and place on medium heat. Let it simmer down for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add diced onion, stir until translucent, then add the minced beef, dried oregano, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, stir and let cook through for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked tomato mixture and tomato paste, stir and let it simmer. Add curry powder, bay leaves, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the washed rice, beef stock, sea salt, stir, cover and let cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the assorted bell pepper, spring onion, stir in and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Dirty jollof rice ready. Serve with grilled chicken thigh and fried plantain.