Turmeric Coated Fried Yam
Diced yam cocated with tumeric mixture and fried. Can be served with hot pepper sauce and fried gizzard
- Chopping Board
- Sharp knife
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spatula
- Frying Pan
- Spider Spoon
- ½ Tuber of Yam
- 3 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 500 ml Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- Peel, wash and dice the yam.
- Place in a mixing bowl, add turmeric, salt, ¾ cup of water and stir to coat evenly.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat, add the yam in batches and deep- fry for 10 minutes or till it’s golden and crunchy.
- Take out of the oil and place on a paper tissue to drain excess oil.
- Turmeric fried yam ready to serve.
- Serve with green pepper sauce.