South African Yellow Rice
Delicious rice prepared with butter and cinnamon powder
- Sauce Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- 2 Cups Jasmine Rice (Washed)
- 50 g Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ Cup Raisins
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add the washed rice, ground cinnamon, turmeric powder, raisins, sugar, salt and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add 400ml water, stir and bring to a boil.
- Allow to cook for 25 minutes and stir.
- South African curry rice ready to serve.