Coconut Oil Shito
We've made a lot of shito recipes but none touched my heart like this coconut oil shito! it will also tourch yours too if you try it... the flavor is to die for.
- 2 litres coconut oil
- 200 g tomato paste
- 2 large onions pureed
- 2 cups ginger blended
- 1 cup blended red scotch bonnet pepper
- ¼ cup cloves of garlic pureed
- 500 g smoked herrings pulsed
- 300 g smoked shrimps pulsed
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 1 ½ tbsp sea salt
- Heat coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add tomato paste, stir and let simmer for 10 minutes the add the onion puree, stir and let simmer down for 15 minutes.
- Add the blended ginger, stir, add more oil and stir continuously for 10 minutes.
- Add the blended scotch bonnet pepper, garlic, stir and let simmer down for 10 minutes.
- Add the pulsed smoked herrings and shrimps, stir in, add more oil and let it simmer for 20 minutes
- Add the dried bay leaves, sea salt, more coconut oil, stir and let simmer.
- Coconut oil shito ready to serve