Tuna Beans Stew
Delicious beans stew cooked with tuna fish and can be served with fried plantain
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Sauce Pan
- Rubber spatula
- 2 Cups Black-Eyed Beans
- 4 Medium Tomatoes Chopped
- 2 Medium Onions Chopped and Sliced
- 10 Red Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- 1 Medium Ginger
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- ¾ Cup Smoked Tuna Flake
- 1 Cup Palm Oil
- Pour beans into a bowl, wash and drain the water.
- Pour beans into a saucepan filled with 1 litre water over medium heat.
- Add salt, cover and leave to cook for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Place saucepan over medium heat, pour oil, add onion, stir and let sweat for a minute.
- Blend tomatoes, onion, pepper, ginger and garlic into a smooth mixture.
- Pour into oil, stir and let simmer down for 6 - 8 minutes.
- Add smoked tuna flakes, stir, then add cooked beans, salt, stir and let simmer down for 3 minutes.
- Serve with fried plantain.