Soya Balls In Groundnut Butter Sauce
Delicious groundnut butter sauce mixed with soya ball and can be served with a bowl of rice
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Frying Pan
- Sauce Pan
For the Soya Balls;
- 2 Cups Soya Beans Flour
- 1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Groundnut Oil
For the Groundnut Butter Sauce;
- 5 Tbsp Groundnut Paste
- 1 Medium Onion Pureed
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Red Chilli Chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- Mix soya bean flour with ground ginger, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Add half a cup of water and mix into a dough.
- Scoop a spoonful and mould into balls.
- Place on a plate and set aside.
- Heat groundnut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Carefully drop the soya bean balls and fry for 3 minutes, turning occasionally. Take out and set aside.
- Mix groundnut paste with water into a smooth consistency and pour into a wok over medium heat.
- Stir continuously until it starts to simmer, then add onion puree, tomato paste, scotch bonnet pepper, garlic, ginger and stir.
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add salt to your taste, stir and let simmer for a minute.
- Add the fried soya balls, stir and let simmer on low heat for 10 minutes so it absorbs the sauce.
- Soya balls in groundnut sauce ready to serve. Serve with rice or any side of your choice.