Soya Beans and Bitter Leave Stew (Sogusi)
Delicious stew prepared with soya beans and bitter leaves, and can be served with boiled yam
- Plastic Spatula
- Sauce Pan
- Frying Pan
- 2 Cups Ground Soya Beans Soaked
- ¾ Cups Palm Oil
- 1 Medium Onion Sliced
- 3 Medium Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Powder
- 5 Herrings Flaked
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 100 g Smoked Tuna
- 1 Cup Bitter Leaves
- Soak ground soya beans with half cup water into a smooth consistency and set aside.
- Heat palm oil in saucepan over medium heat, add sliced onion, stir until translucent, then add the chopped tomatoes and let simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add chilli powder, stir, then add herrings and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the soya beans paste, stir, add salt and let simmer for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Add smoked tuna, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped bitter leaves, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Sogusi ready to serve.