Beef & Tripe Tomato Stew
Spicy tomato stew made with beef and tripe
- Sauce Pan
- Wooden Spatula
For Beef & Tripe;
- 1 Pound of Beef
- 1 Pound of Tripe
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Anise Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Paste
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Fresh Rosemary Stalk
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Onion Sliced
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 200 g Tomato Paste
- 6 Large Tomatoes Pureed
- 7 Scotch Bonnet Peppers Blended
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- 2 Leaves
- Pour beef into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add tripe, oregano, anise seeds, ginger, garlic, salt, black pepper and stir.
- Add 600ml of water, fresh rosemary and bring to a boil for 45 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sliced onion, garlic, fennel seeds, and stir until translucent for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the pureed tomatoes, add scotch bonnet pepper and stir. Let simmer down for 12 minutes.
- Add the cooked beef with the stock, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add salt to taste, curry powder, bay leaves, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Beef & tripe tomato stew ready to serve.