Tasty stew prepared with spinach, salted tilapia and smoked mackerel which can be served with a plate of boiled yam
- Frying Pan
- Rubber spatula
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- 300 g Spinach Sliced
- 1 Salted Tilapia (Koobi)
- 1 Medium Onion Sliced
- 4 Medium Tomatoes Chopped
- 5 Scotch Bonnet Peppers Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Crayfish Powder
- 1 Medium Smoked Mackerel
- ½ Cup Palm Oil
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- Heat palm oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add salted tilapia and fry on both sides for 5 minutes, take out and set aside.
- Reduce the oil half way down, then add sliced onion, stir until translucent, then add chopped tomatoes, scotch bonnet pepper, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add powdered crayfish, smoked mackerel, stir and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add sliced spinach, stir to mix with the sauce, cover and let wilt for 7 minutes.
- Add and adjust salt to your taste and let simmer.
- Add back fried salted tilapia, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Spinach stew ready to serve. Serve with boiled yam or any side of your choice.