Plantain Beef Sauce
A saucy way to enjoy your plantains, is by adding it to your stews and sauces.
- Frying Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g 500g beef shank shredded
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion pureed
- 3 scotch bonnet pepper sliced
- 3 medium ripe plantain chopped
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tsp fish powder
- A handful of gboma leaves sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add the shredded beef shank, oregano, nutmeg, smoked paprika, black pepper, salt and stir-fry for 5 minutes then add the onion puree, stir and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add sliced scotch bonnet pepper, chopped ripe plantain, beef stock , stir and let cook for 13 minutes.
- Add fish powder, gboma leaves, stir in and let simmer on medium low heat for 5 minutes.
- Plantain beef sauce ready to serve.