Sorell Groundnut Soup
Spicy Groundnut soup made with beef, sliced hibiscus leaves and Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- Sauce Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- For the Beef;
- 1 Pound Beef (Diced)
- ½ Cup Shallots
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Small Ginger (Chopped)
- 1 Tsp Grains of Paradise
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1½ Tsp Sea Salt
- For the Soup;
- 4 Tbsp Groundnut Paste
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Bundle of Hibiscus Leaves (Sliced)
- 4 Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- Blend shallots, garlic, ginger and grains of paradise into a smooth mixture and set aside.
- Pour the beef into a saucepan, add the blended mixture, dried thyme, sea salt, stir and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the groundnut paste with 1 cup of water, cayenne pepper, salt and mix into a smooth mixture.
- Place on medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 800ml of water to the simmering beef, then add the cooked groundnut mixture and stir in till the groundnut dissolves.
- Allow it to simmer for 15 minutes, then add the hibiscus leaves, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes. Then add scotch bonnet pepper.
- Sorell groundnut soup ready to serve.