Black-eyed beans cooked with crayfish and garnished with fried ripe plantain
- Sauce Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- 1 Cup Black-eyed Beans (Picked & washed)
- 1 Medium Onion (Sliced)
- 2 Medium Tomatoes (Blended)
- 5 Red Chilli (Blended)
- 3 Tbsp Crayfish
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Cup Sweet Corn
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Palm Oil
- 1 Litre Water
- Pour washed beans into a saucepan over medium heat, add 1 liter of water and salt, cover and let it boil for 25 minutes.
- Add sliced onion, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes. Then add tomato purée, chilli, ground crayfish, smoked paprika, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sweet corn, adjust salt, stir and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the palm oil and let it simmer down for another 5 minutes.
- Adula ready to serve. Serve with fried ripe plantains.