Kubewa Busheyshey (Dried Okra Soup)
Delicious okra soup made made dried okra powder
- Sauce Pan (2)
- Wooden Spatula
- 1 Pound Cow Leg And Tripe
- 50 g Cow Hide (Wele) (Cut Into Pieces)
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 Medium Ginger Minced
- 4 African Orchid Nutmegs
- 1 Beef Seasoning Cube
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Dried Okra Powder
- 4 Medium Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Medium Red Onion Sliced
- 2 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper Powder
- 1 Tbsp African Locust Beans Dawadawa
- 100 g Smoked Tuna
- 500 ml Beef Stock
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Blend onion, garlic, ginger and African orchid nutmeg into a smooth mixture and set aside.
- Pour cow feet tripe and cow hide (wele) into a saucepan.
- Add blended mixture, beef seasoning, salt, stir and let it steam for 10 minutes.
- Pour one liter of water and let it boil on high heat for 40 minutes and take off heat.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat, add sliced onion, African locust beans, stir and let sweat for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes, then add cayenne pepper, smoked tuna, stir and let simmer.
- Add cooked cow leg tripe and wele, stir, add beef stock water and let boil.
- Add dried okra powder bit by bit stirring continuously to prevent it from getting lumpy.
- Allow to simmer for 3 minutes and adjust salt to your taste.
- Dried okra soup ready to serve.