Vegetable Stewed Couscous
Vegetable Stew made with couscous grains
- Frying Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- 400 g 4 grains couscous
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Red Onion (Diced)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Red Chilli (Chopped)
- A Handful of French Beans (Cut into 2 inches)
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Cup Chickpeas (Cooked)
- 200 g Canned Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 200 g Baby Spinach (Washed)
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add diced onion, garlic, stir until translucent, then add chopped chilli and stir for another minute before adding French beans, curry powder and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, stir, then add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, salt, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the 4 grains couscous, stir, add spinach, cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the wilted spinach, turn off the heat and let it finish cooking for 2 minutes.
- Vegetable couscous ready to serve.