Guinea Fowl Stew
Spicy tomato stew prepared with guinea fowl meat and can be served with a plate of rice
- Sauce Pan (2)
- Wooden Spatula
- 1 Whole Guinea Fowl Cut Into Pieces
- 6 Medium Tomatoes Purèed
- 1 Medium Red Onion Sliced
- 1 Small Red Onion Purèed
- 200 g Tomato Paste
- 10 Scotch Bonnet Peppers Purèed
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 Small Ginger Grated
- 1 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Anise Seeds
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 5 Tbsps Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsps Salt
- Pour guinea fowl in a saucepan, add purèed onion, garlic, ginger, black pepper ground, cloves, salt, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 liter of water and let slow cook for 40 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add anise seeds, fennel seeds, sliced onion, stir and let sweat for a minute.
- Add tomato paste, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes, then add purèed tomatoes, scotch bonnet pepper, stir and let simmer down for 15 minutes.
- Add cooked guinea fowl with the stock, stir and let simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Guinea fowl stew ready to serve.