Cassava Leaves Stew
Spicy stew prepared with cassava leaves and palm oil
- Sauce Pan
- Rubber spatula
- 100 g Cassava Leaves Julienne Slices
- 1 Medium Onion Sliced
- 1 Medium onion Pureed
- 5 Scotch Bonnet Pepper Blended
- 2 Stockfish
- 2 Tbsp Crayfish Powder
- 100 g Cow Hide Wele
- 100 g Smoked Mackerel
- 1 Cup Palm Oil
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- Wash the cassava leaves in salt solution and cut into julienne slices, then set aside.
- Heat palm oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sliced onion and stir until translucent for 3 minutes.
- Add stock fish, stir and let fry or 2 minutes.
- Then add pureed onion, scotch bonnet pepper, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add crayfish powder, cow hide (wele), salt, stir, cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then add smoked mackerel, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced cassava leaves, cover and let wilt for 5 minutes.
- Stir to mix evenly and cover to cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until soft and tender. Adjust salt to your taste.
- Cassava leaves stew ready. Serve with boiled cassava.