Gari Coated Kelewele Croquettes
This appetizer is amazing on its own but now am thinking of pairing it with beans, that crisp on the plantains is just gorge
- Chopping Board
- Sharp knife
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- 5 medium ripe plantain
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground rosemary
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 cup Gari
- Sea salt
- Dill for garnish
- Peel the ripe plantain and cut in chunks.
- transfer the plantain in a bowl, add ground ginger, cayenne pepper, ground rosemary, ground cloves, paprika, black pepper, salt and toss to coat evenly.
- Dip in the eggwash and coat with the gari.
- Carefully place in a heated vegetable oil and fry until crisp and golden.
- Take out of the oil and place on a paper tissue to drain excess oil.
- Gari coated kelewele croquettes ready to serve. Sprinkle sea salt on it and garnish with dill.