Fonio Orange Salad
A fresh and light salad made with Fonio, and berries...
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup fonio
- 300 ml water
- 2 medium Mediterranean cucumber diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 orange sliced and de-skinned
- 150 g raspberry
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- For the dressing
- 100 g raspberry
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 black pepper
- Pour the quinoa into a saucepan, add salt, stir, cover and let boil for 5 minutes then add the fonio, stir and let boil for 3 minutes then take off the heat.
- Pour into a large bowl, flake with a fork and let it cool off completely.
- Pour the raspberries into a measuring cup, muddle the raspberries then add honey, orange juice, black pepper, stir and set aside.
- Add the diced cucumber, onion, orange, raspberries and dried cranberries to the cooled fonio and quinoa .
- Toss to mix evenly.
- Fonio orange salad ready. Drizzle with the raspberry dressing and serve.