Garden Egg Stew
A delicious stew made with garden eggs which can be served with boiled plantain
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Ladle
- Glass Bowl
- Ceramic Bowl
- 150 g Garden Eggs
- 1 Bundle of Garden Eggs Leaves (Gboma)
- 1 Medium Red Onion
- 7 Large Tomatoes Chopped
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 10 Petite Belle Pepper (Kpakposhito)
- 100 Smoked Salmon
- 1 Stinky Fish (Momone)
- 100 ml Palm Oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Cut garden eggs into cubes.
- Wash and set aside.
- Wash garden egg leaves with salted water.
- Cut into julienne slices and set aside.
- Heat palm oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add onions, stinky fish (momone), stir and cook for a minute.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, stir and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Then add kpakposhito and let simmer down for 5 minutes.
- Add cleaned smoked salmon, garden eggs, stir, cover and let it cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the garden eggs leaves, cover and let it wilt for 3 minutes.
- Stir to mix with the stew, adjust salt to your taste and let it simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Garden eggs stew ready.
- Serve with boiled green plantain or yam, etc.