Ethiopian Lentil Stew
Delicious stew prepared with vegetable stock, coriander leaves .and lentils which can be served with a bowl of rice
- Sauce Pan
- Rubber spatula
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Small Ginger Grated
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 2 Small Tomatoes Diced
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1½ Tsp Berbere Spice
- 1½ Cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tsp Salt
- A Handful of Fresh Coriander Leaves Chopped
- 1 Cup Lentils
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, stir until translucent, then add the ginger, garlic, stir and let simmer for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes, then add the berbere spice, stir and let it simmer.
- Add the vegetable stock, stir and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add the washed lentils, stir and let it simmer for 20 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add salt and adjust to your taste.
- Ethiopian lentil stew ready to serve. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.