Coconut Milk Chickpea Stew
Spicy tomato stew made with coconut milk and chickpeas
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Sauce Pan (2)
- Rubber spatula
- 1 Cup Chickpeas
- 3 Medium Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Medium Red Onion Diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 2 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Carrot Diced
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 400 g Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Wash and soak chickpea for 3 hours (or preferably overnight).
- Rinse the soaked chickpeas and pour into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add water and bring to a boil until soft and tender.
- Heat coconut oil in a saucepan on a medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, stir, let sweat for a minute, add tomatoes and let simmer.
- Add chilli powder, stir, add coconut milk and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, stir and let simmer.
- Add cooked chickpeas and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper and salt to taste.
- Coconut Milk Chickpea stew ready to serve.