Spicy Shaawele (Smoked Cow Hide)
Smoked cow hide spiced and used for tomato stew
- Sauce Pan
- Rubber spatula
- 150 g Smoked Cow Hide Wele
- 3 Medium Tomatoes Purèed
- 1 Medium Red Onion Purèed
- 5 Scotch Bonnet Peppers Purèed
- 1 Small Ginger Grated
- 5 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 2 Tbsps Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Medium White Onion Chopped
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add purèed onion, stir and let simmer for 2 minutes, then add ginger, garlic and stir.
- Add tomato paste, stir, add purèed tomatoes, scotch bonnet pepper, stir and let simmer down for 5 minutes.
- Add beef seasoning, salt, black pepper, stir and let simmer.
- Add hide (wele), stir and let coat evenly. Cover and let cook on low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add white onion, green bell pepper, stir and let simmer for a minute.
- Shaa wele ready to serve.
- Garnish with parsley.