Sweet cake baked made with grated carrot and ground ginger
- Ceramic Bowl
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Cake Baking Tray
- Bread Knife
- 2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1½ Tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- ½ Tsp Ground Ginger
- 4 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Carrots 4 Large Carrot Grated
For Cream Frosting;
- 200 g 200g of Cream Cheese
- 100 g 100g of Butter Unsalted
- 3 Cups Confectionery Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tsp Lemon Zest
- A Handful of Pecans Roasted & Chopped
- Pre-heat the oven at 180c.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour with cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, ground ginger, and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, white sugar, brown sugar, and set aside.
- Grate the carrots and set aside.
- Mix half of the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Then pour the rest of the flour on the carrot mix till evenly coated, and fold in the dusted carrots into the wet mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan.
- Bake at 165c for 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool off completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk cream, cheese, butter, confectionery sugar and vanilla essence until the mixture is smooth.
- Cut the crown crust off and cut the cake into two equal disks.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on one disk and place the other half on top and spread the remaining mixture by using the spatula to twirl the cream on top.
- Sprinkle the roasted pecans on frosting for garnish.
- Carrot cake ready. Slice and serve.