Rosemary Infused Kelewele
Spiced plantain chunks fried with rosemary stalk and served. It can be served with a glass of fruit juice.
- Chopping Board
- Sharp knife
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Frying Pan
- Spider Spoon
- 2 Ripe Plantains
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Stalk of Fresh Rosemary
- 300 ml Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Peel and cut the plantain into chunks.
- Add smoked paprika, ground cloves, ground ginger, garlic powder, chilli powder, salt, stir and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat, drop the fresh rosemary stalk and let fry for a minute, then add the spiced plantain.
- Stir and deep-fry until golden for 10 minutes.
- Take out and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Rosemary infused kelewele ready to serve.