Sweet Potato Biscuits
Sweet biscuits made from mashed potatoes, butter, and milk
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Small bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Chopping Board
- Dough cutter
- Baking Tray
- 1 Large Tuber of Sweet Potato Boiled and Mashed
- ½ Cup Milk
- 100 g Butter Diced
- 1½ Cups Soft Flour
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Mix mashed potato with milk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour with sugar, salt, nutmeg and baking powder.
- Add the butter and mix with your fingers till you get a crumble-like mixture.
- Add the potato mixture into the flour mixture and stir in.
- Place on floured surface.
- Sprinkle with flour and press the dough down into a disk till it’s about an inch thick.
- Cut out into any shade of your choice.
- Place on a parchment lined baking tray and brush the top with milk.
- Place in a pre-heated oven and bake at 175 degree celsius for 15 minutes.
- Take out from the oven and let cool on a rack.
- Potato biscuits ready to serve.