Beef And Potato Dish Pie
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Chopping Board
- Rolling Pin
- Ceramic Bowl
- Frying Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- Pastry brush
- ½ Pound Minced Beef
- 1 Medium Size Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Ginger Powder
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Large Irish Potato Grated
- 1 Cup Peas
- 1 1Beef Seasoning Cube
For Pie Crust;
- 3 Cups Soft Flour Sieved
- 6 Tbsp Margarine
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 100 ml Milk
- 1 1 Egg
- 1 1 Egg For Egg Wash
- Pre-heat oven at 180 celsius.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, add nutmeg and salt together.
- Then rub in the margarine, add egg, milk and mix into a dough.
- Flour a flat surface, rolling pin and roll the dough into an inch thick.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add minced beef, onion, garlic, stir and let simmer for a minute.
- Add ginger powder, cumin, black pepper, oregano, beef seasoning, stir and let simmer for another minute.
- Add grated potato, peas, salt, stir, let simmer for 2 minutes and set aside.
- Lay the rolled pie dough in the ovenproof dish and fill with the beef mixture.
- Then place the other dough on top and cut off the excess dough.
- Cut out a small hole in the centre of the dough and brush with egg wash.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Beef dish pie ready to serve. Serve warm.