A sweet cake made with hibiscus condensed milk
- Mixing Bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Cupcake Baking Tray
- Measuring Cup
- For the Cake;
- 75g Unsalted Butter Softened
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Soft Flour
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp Hibiscus Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- For the Hibiscus Condensed Milk Syrup;
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Hibiscus Powder
- 1 Cup 1 Condensed Milk
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Add the egg, buttermilk, whisk and set aside.
- Mix the flour with baking powder, baking soda, hibiscus powder and pour into the butter mixture.
- Stir into a smooth batter, then add the vanilla essence and stir in.
- Grease the mini bundt pans (or any cake pan of your choice) with butter spray and fill ¾ of the pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160c for 20 minutes.
- Take out and let it cool off completely on a rack.
- For the hibiscus condensed milk syrup;
- Mix the milk with hibiscus powder and let it sit for 10 minutes before straining. (turns purple when mixing)
- Add condensed milk to the strained milk mixture, and stir till it dissolves.
- Drizzle the hibiscus condensed milk mixture on the cake.
- Hibiscus cake ready to serve. Garnish with strawberry, raspberry and mint leaves. (optional)