Chocolate Chip Maasa/Masa
- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Ladle
- Frying Pan
- 2 cups Rice
- 3 ltrs water
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 cups Rice cooked
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 11 grams Yeast
- 1 cup Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ tbsp Nutmeg
- 275 grams Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- In a mixing bowl pour rice and water and cover to soak overnight.
- Rinse the soaked rice and transfer into a blender, add cooked rice and 1 cup of water, blend until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl pour rice batter and add sugar, cooked rice, salt, yeast, yogurt, then stir to mix thoroughly.
- Cover with a napkin and keep at a warm place to let it rise.
- After it has risen beat it down with a ladle, add nutmeg, chocolate chips and gently mix it in.
- In a masa pan on high heat grease the pan with vegetable oil then half fill each dome with the masa batter ,fry for 3 minutes or till slightly brown on the edges then you use a skewer to turn over to the other side and let it cook for another 3 minutes.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the batter, transfer each batch to a paper towel lined plate.
- Chocolate chip masa ready to serve.