Sweet zowey balls sprinkled with coconut flakes and crushed peanuts
- Glass Mixing Bowl
- Sauce Pan
- Rubber spatula
- 2 Cups Roasted Peanuts
- 1½ Tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1½ Tsp Ground Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups Roasted Corn Meal
- Pinch of Salt
- For the Coating
- 250 g Dark Chocolate
- 100 g Unsalted Butter
- For the Topping
- 2 Tbsp coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp Crushed Peanuts
- Pour the roasted peanuts into a food processor and pulse until gritty, add the chilli powder, ground cloves, ground ginger, powdered sugar and blend until smooth.
- Add the roasted cornmeal, pulse until all mixed into a smooth dough, transfer into a bowl.
- Scoop table spoon portions and mould into balls.
- Place on cooling racks and set in the fridge for 15mins.
- Pour the dark chocolate into a double boiler, add butter, allow to melt and stir into a smooth consistency.
- Take off the heat and let cool off completely.
- Place the rack on a baking pan.
- Drizzle on the zowey balls and sprinkle coconut flakes and the crushed peanuts on top and let sit to set.
- Zowey truffles ready to serve.