Basil Fried Yam
There are over 600 species of yam and we have only tried a few. This royal yam recipe does not only look golden but also perfect for fries. This is light, crispy and even better with a touch of herbs.
- Chopping Board
- Sharp knife
- Frying Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- 1 medium tuber of royal yam
- A handful of fresh basil
- ½ tsp salt
- 300ml vegetable oil
- Cut the yam into three portions, peel and cut into stripes, wash and set aside
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat, carefully add the yam, the fresh basil and fry until slightly golden and crisp
- Take out and drain excess oil on a kitchen paper tissue
- Sprinkle salt and toss to coat evenly
- Basil fried yam ready to serve
Kid - Friendly Adaptation : The yam should not be crispy or hard.