Toolo Beef & Salted Tilapia Jollof
Jollof rice prepared with cooked beef and tilapia fillet
- Sauce Pan
- Frying Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- ½ kg toloo beef(salted beef) washed
- 2 medium salted tilapia (koobi) washed
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 6 large tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup petite belle pepper (kpakposhito)
- 1 tsp curry rice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 ½ cups long grain rice
- 1 ½ cups salted tilapia and beef broth
- 50 g French beans sliced
- 800 ml water
- Pour the salted tilapia and beef into a saucepan over medium heat, add water, cover and let it boil for 15 minutes, take of heat and set aside.
- Let the fish cool then carefully pick out all bones from the fish and set aside
- Heat coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add the onion, garlic, stir until translucent then add the tomatoes paste, stir and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, kpakposhito, stir , cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add smoked paprika, curry powder ,stir then add the fillet tilapia, cooked beef, stir and let simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir continuosly for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, stir, cover and let cook for 25 minutes.
- Add the French beans, stir and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Toolo beef and salted tilapia jollof rice ready to serve.