Tiger Nut Hibiscus Panna Cotta
Who needs heavy cream when you have some creamy tiger nut milk, adding an African touch to this Italian classic.Vegans and people who are lactose intolerant will love this!
- Sauce Pan
- Wooden Spatula
- Drinking Glass
- 2 cups tiger nut milk
- ½ cups sugar
- 1 tbsp gelatine
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 100 ml water
- 1 cup sugar
- 25 ml lemon juice
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Pour the tiger nuts into a saucepan over medium heat, stir continuously until it starts to thicken for 5-7 minutes
- Take off the heat, add sugar, stir until dissolve then take of the heat and place on a cooling rack.
- Add the gelatine, stir and let dissolve then add the vanilla essence.
- Pour into serving glasses, let cool off and place in the fridge to chill for 20- 30 minutes
- Pour the dried hibiscus flowers into a small pan over medium heat, add water, stir and let boil over then strain out the juice.
- Pour into a saucepan, add sugar, lemon juice, stir until it starts to thicken and set aside to cool off
- Pour the hibiscus syrup on the chilled tiger nut panna cotta and garnish with mint leaves