Lemon Bundt Cake
Lemon Bundt cake prepared with lemon juice, lemon zest and milk
- Mixing Bowl (2)
- Rubber spatula
- Bundt Pan
- 2 Cups Soft Flour
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 200 g Butter Soften
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Zest
For Lemon Syrup;
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Icing Sugar
- 25 ml Milk
- Pre-heat oven at 180c.
- Mix flour with baking powder, add salt and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugar and melted butter until pale.
- Add eggs, one after the other, and whisk until fluffy.
- Stir in the flour bit by bit into the butter mixture until you have a smooth consistency.
- Add lemon juice, milk, lemon zest and stir in.
- Grease a bundt pan with cooking spray/butter and pour the mixture in.
- Bake at 175c for 1 hour or until a tester inserted comes out clean.
- Bring sugar and lemon juice to a boil.
- Use a toothpick to make holes on top of the cake and drizzle the lemon syrup over the cake.
- Let cool off completely.
- Whilst the cake cools off, whisk icing sugar with milk until thick and smooth.
- Turn over the cake and drizzle the icing over the cake.
- Lemon bundt cake ready to serve.