Nkate Nknontomire Abomu
Boiled cocoyam leaves ground with roasted groundnut and garnished with boiled egg, salted tilapia and slices of avocado
- Sauce Pan
- Earthen Ware
- 1 Bundle Of Cocoyam Leaves
- 1 Medium Dried Salted Tilapia
- 5 Green Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- 1 Medium Onion (Diced)
- ¼ Cup Roasted Groundnut
- 1 Stinky Fish Charred
- 1½ Tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup Palm Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (Sliced)
- 1 Medium Avocado (Sliced)
- 3 Hard Boiled Eggs
- Cut the stalk off the cocoyam leaves wash and wash in salt solution.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat for 7 minutes and set aside.
- Wash the salted tilapia and bring to a boil for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Pour scotch bonnet pepper into an earthen ware bowl, add diced onion and grind into a smooth mixture.
- Add roasted groundnut, grind, then add the stinky fish and grind.
- Add the cooked cocoyam leaves and grind into a smooth mixture, then add salt and adjust to your taste.
- Heat palm oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add sliced onion, stir until translucent and take off heat. pour on the ground cocoyam leaves mixture.
- Stir to mix evenly and top with sliced avocado eggs and cooked tilapia.
- Kontomire abomu is ready.
- Serve with cooked yam or any tuber of your choice.